This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by PT Contractors Limited of “personal data” you provide to P T Contractors when using this Website. Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual.
P T Contractors is a “data controller” under the Data Protection Act 1998 and processes personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“Data Protection Laws”). For queries on data protection, please contact us at email@example.com, call 02380736800 or write to us at PT Contractors, Unit 6, Imperial House, West Bay Road, Western Docks, Southampton, SO15 0RB.
We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for P T Contractors to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website, and which we may collect and process, are:
- personal details such as: your name, address, email address, telephone number and occupation;
- employment details such as: specific employment information held such as length of service or employment history/ curriculum vitae where provided by you in relation to any application for a role made by you via this Website where you have applied for a role advertised on this Website and provided explicit consent via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
P T Contractors will not collect information about your computer and we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data:
All personal data you provide to us is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located within the European Economic Area, which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for P T Contractors to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details above, so we can update our records.
Uses made of the Personal Data:
We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you and to provide you with the information, benefits and services that you request from us;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide on P T Contractors projects or initiatives either by email, telephone or via our ‘contact us’ page
- To enable you to access information or to submit applications regarding potential roles at P T Contractors or career opportunities via the ‘Careers’ page accessible via this website
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of your Information:
We will not share your information other than where relevant under GDPR regulations. Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may share your information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us
- our professional advisers and auditors
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts
Personal data shall not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Legal Basis for Processing:
Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. For personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ under Data Protection Laws, unless otherwise notified, we rely on a condition known as “legitimate interests” in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your business contact names, and contact details where it is required by us in order for us to:
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the Website or our products or services; and
- procure goods and services for you as a supplier where applicable;
- meet legal obligations under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws to hold necessary information as part of our GDPR compliance programme record-keeping obligations.
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
If applicable, we will only process ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ provided by you where you have provided your explicit consent to do so via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice or where there is an alternative legal basis for such processing under Data Protection Laws.
Your rights in relation to your personal data:
Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, the right:
- to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- the right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
Contact Us and Complaints:
You may contact us in relation to the above rights by contacting P T Contractors Limited. Initial requests will be administered free of charge from the, however subsequent requests will be subject to an administration fee of £25.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with our person nominated to cover Data Protection at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you always have the right to complain re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website.
Links to Other Websites:
This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice is correct as at 25 May 2018, however we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be shown via our News Feed on this website.